The Friends of the National Institutes of Health Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (Friends of NIH BSSR), formerly the Coalition for the Advancement of Health Through Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (CAHT-BSSR), is an informal coalition working to support the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Science Research (OBSSR) and other social and behavioral science research activities conducted across the agency. COSSA chairs the group, which is open to all COSSA members and other organizations with interests in behavioral and social science research at NIH. The Friends meet every other month in Washington, DC.
The OBSSR Connector (Director’s Blog)
- OBSSR Director William (Bill) Riley Answers “Why Social Science?”: Because the Social and Behavioral Sciences Contribute to Improving the Health of the Population, January 31, 2017
- Collins to Stay on at NIH; Two Other Leadership Positions Announced, COSSA Washington Update, June 12, 2017
- OBSSR Holds 10th Matilda White Riley Behavioral and Social Sciences Honors; Mark Hayward Delivers 2017 Lecture, COSSA Washington Update, May 2, 2017
- OBSSR Director Comments on 2017-2021 Strategic Plan, COSSA Washington Update, March 21, 2017
- Friends of NIH Behavioral and Social Sciences Research Submit Statement in Support of OBSSR, COSSA Washington Update, March 21, 2017
For more information about the Friends of NIH BSSR, contact Wendy Naus.