The Advisory Committee on Data for Evidence Building, which was established by the Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018 (“Evidence Act,” see previous coverage) has issued a general solicitation of comments from the public to inform its work. The request includes a set of ten questions that cover core issues like:
- “Capacity needs for secure data access and record linkage
- Areas for research and development on state-of-the-art data access and data protection methods
- How to protect privacy when using personally identifiable information or confidential business information in support of evidence building
- How to promote transparency and facilitate public engagement with the evidence building process
- Agency needs for data management and data stewardship services
- How to best facilitate the needs of researchers, evaluators, and other evidence builders through a national data service or similar approach.”
Comments are sought by February 9, 2021. Full details are available in the Federal Register notice.