The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) released their 2020 strategic plan, a guiding document laying out the institute’s research priorities for the next five years. Earlier this year, COSSA submitted comments on behalf of the social and behavioral science community addressing a draft version of the strategic plan.
The NICHD strategic plan lays out five main research objectives:
- Understanding the molecular, cellular, and structural basis of development;
- Promoting gynecologic, andrologic, and reproductive health;
- Setting the foundation for healthy pregnancies and lifelong wellness;
- Improving child and adolescent health and the transition to adulthood;
- Advancing safe and effective therapeutics and devices for pregnant and lactating women, children, and people with disabilities.
The full strategic plan and more information can be found on the NICHD website.